Thursday, March 08, 2007

I feel kinda nuts

Spring break starts Saturday and not a single fucking moment too soon.

The good: My fifth grade reading class passed the hell out of their state reading test. I had four fails, and two are new students who do not count against me. Our school in general did very, very well on the testing and that is good for everyone.

The bad: I am feeling completely, horribly overwhelmed by work. In so many ways.

The ugly: Things amongst my co-workers are strained past the breaking point. It's a big part of why I have not updated this blog in awhile, because it's bothering me a lot, but I don't want to talk about it even anonymously.

The sad: My Esperanza is having serious emotional and academic trouble again. She is failing in reading, despite being very capable, and is creating drama in the classroom. Tonight she called me, weeping, and said that her mother had left her. She is cared for primarily by her grandmother, and it looks like her mom just ditched them all. I hope that isn't the case. I really care about this child but her family and emotional situation is beyond what I assist with. I was hoping the year could go by without having to call child protective services.

1 Comments:

Blogger Venha Futuro said...

First of all, it's good to know that you're at least okay enough to update the blog. I had been checking for updates every few days.

Secondly, that's great news about the test. I thought about asking in the comments section, but I didn't honestly expect such good news (the tests are designed to fail the students/schools, anyway).

Thirdly, well, that really sucks about Esperanza and your co-workers. I would ask about the co-workers, but I'm sure you'll tell us when you're ready. And Esperanza, well, you've done a lot for her already. I hope things work out for the best.

3/09/2007 11:19 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home