Wednesday, February 13, 2008

A Play In One Act

Scene: After school math tutorials. About eight bilingual students are in the classroom.

Student: [chatter chatter chatter chatter] BASTARD!
Teacher: Héctor! You can't say that at school, that's a naughty word. [ed. note: Can you tell I was not the teacher present?]
Student: (pauses, looks confused) DAMMIT!

Ha. After I heard the story, I explained to him what those words meant in Spanish. He was mortified, not just because he had said those things, but because I told him exactly what they meant in Spanish and I used the full words. I don't think he'll be saying any of that again within earshot of the teachers.

1 Comments:

Blogger Melodía said...

I was googling something totally unrelated to this blog, stumbled across it, and ended up reading them all. You're hilarious! I'm gonna bookmark this so I can enjoy your next school year.

7/04/2008 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home