Friday, November 24, 2006

Happy Thingie

It's funny, even when I'm not busy anymore, I'm busy. I don't know what to do with myself when I'm not doing school stuff. I'm still very happy with my job (despite some aspects), but I still have no life.

I called my students on Thanksgiving. They sound so very much younger on the phone than in person. I have never been a holiday person whatsoever, but it looks like I will be this year. Ha, I'm not even a parent and here I am, celebrating shit "for the kids." But Christmas is a big deal for them. People from all over the community (various communities) give them things they never get, otherwise. I know they are going to give me things and that my heart is going to break a little because having anything to give doesn't come easily to any of them.

I asked the instructional coordinator if we could order some novels. SHOT DOWN. No novels. They do not teach testing objectives. VERBOTEN. Sigh.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jake said...

The phrase "testing objectives" makes me burn...

12/01/2006 11:26 PM  
Blogger lily of the valley said...

I now seriously hate the word "objective." Like "freedom," "family," and "life," it now means something else entirely.

I may or may not be breaking a number of copyright regulations by photocopying the novels they refuse to order me.

12/04/2006 8:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home